You're familiar with the song, The 12 Days of Christmas right? Perhaps some of you Canadians are familiar with the version Bob and Doug McKenzie created. Well, in true AppleCheeks fashion, we can't be left behind. If there's something to spoof, we're totally up for it. And so we bring you....
That's right y'all. We're bringing back a photo a day contest to help all of us, and all of you countdown to Christmas.
As you probably already know, AppleCheeks prides ourselves on being a family focused company. We love your families, but most importantly we love our families and make a point of creating a good work balance. So while our original plan was to have a super silly video of AppleCheeks staff singing a modified version of the 12 Days of AppleCheeks, life got in the way. Sick kids, booming business, and just life in general happened and we have no video here on the 12th day of December. Since we don't have the video to make our themes more clear, here's a few hints of what we had in mind for each day... but things are ALWAYS open to interpretation, so go crazy with this however you want. We just, as always, ask that you keep it clean and don't show any other diaper brands.
- Winging It in any kind of tree - pretty self explanatory.
- Turtlenecks - this is a direct shout out to Bob and Doug as they were the inspiration for this spoof
- French Ladies - Ilana and Amy speak French... and I'm sure there's a third french speaking ladie somewhere in there. Plus, what else did you expect us to use for "French Hens"???
- Colours Preferred - it rhymes. Go with it.
- Diaper Wings
- Diapers Changing - show us your change station or your kid getting their diaper changed (but please keep it G rated).
- Bottoms Swimming - pull up one from the past or subject your kid to wearing a swim diaper in the cold (safety first please - keep them indoors if you're going to create a new picture).
- Mom's a Feeding - formula or breastfeeding, show us how Mommy feeds her baby!
- Ladies Dancing - this one is for the ladies! Show us your daughter or yourself busting a move to your favorite Christmas song - video is totally acceptable and appropriate!
- Dads a Leaping - now it's the men's turn! Show us Daddy or son showing off their very best leap.
- Diapers Riping - you know when your kid is leaving you a present in there. Now, catch that poop face on camera and show the world!
- Drummers Drumming - Who doesn't love a pots and pans rock band? Bust out the drum set in your kitchen and let your kid go wild while you have the camera rolling!!
Need some incentive to participate? I mean, besides the ridiculous amount of fun this will be? How about we offer up some prizes?!? Each day, we'll pick our favorite themed picture and award that person a Microterry Little Bundle. Create the very best compilation of all 12 photos, and you could win a Microterry Starter Set! The winner of the starter set will be announced shortly after Christmas - since we'll all be spending the 25th with our families (as should you!).
How do you make sure your photo is seen? Post it online - either our facebook page, twitter, instagram, or pin it on Pinterest with the tag #12daysofAppleCheeks. Or, email it in to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject #12daysofAppleCheeks. Keep an eye on our instagram and facebook page to see if you're the winner one day, we'll be announcing the winners there (and tagging if possible) but it's your job to follow up with Beth to claim your prize!
Above all, have fun... and HAPPY HOLIDAYS from the entire team at AppleCheeks.